Global Campaign of Govt. of India
DELP – Domestic Efficient Lighting Programme
EESL – Energy Efficiency Services Limited
While promoting the idea of energy optimization in the rural market, one needs not just a conceptual approach but also creative communication strategies to drive home the point.
Objective of the campaign
Being a government of India initiative, DELP-EESL campaign necessitated handling large scale & geographically scattered campaigns for awareness, promotional marketing and distribution of LED bulbs among rural people in small villages.
Under the campaign, potential rural customers were educated about the need for energy conservation by encouraging them to exchange their normal bulbs with incandescent LED bulbs.
All districts of Maharashtra and Uttar Pradesh
The Strong work force of Insight Outreach rolled out an integrated marketing campaign with the perfect mix of components including Digital, Technology, BTL and Research across 16 territories with billboards, banners, hoardings, posters, look walkers, television commercial etc.
(1) In order to cover as many touch points as possible, we deployed 16 vans to cover all the major places in Maharashtra and Uttar Pradesh states.
(2) The van activation process included distribution of leaflets by the crew and the promoters giving valuable tips to the people on energy saving.
(3) Other multidisciplinary services included putting up sunpack boards at general stores, reaching out to potential rural customers through door-to-door campaign, banners, hoardings and billboards at commercial points, deployment of standees and look walkers to increase the reach of the campaign.
(4) It was a comprehensive Integrated Marketing Campaign with a School Connect Programme across villages and children as well as their parents being sensitized about the product.
(5) In order to create a lasting impact, advertisements were shown in the local television channels and posters were displayed at all the prominent places.
Our branding solutions worked effectively as over 10 lakh LED bulbs were distributed across the two states. In Maharashtra state alone, three lakh people were reached out to.
With a social cause and media integration being part of the promotional marketing activities, rural customers understood the concept of reduction of energy consumption by promoting power consumption judiciously through LED lighting.
Our communication strategies helped in successfully reaching out to 10-15 lakh people for creating awareness on energy conservation by reducing emissions of greenhouse gases through the use of LED bulbs.